COMMUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT - COVID- 19 UPDATE:
Published on 22 March 2020, by
Latest Council update regarding COVID-19
Alert issued 29/04/2020 8:15am
To help reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Council is taking a number of precautionary measures.
$16.8 Million COVID-19 Support Package
Camden Council has announced a $16.8 million support package for residents and local businesses suffering the shock of COVID-19.
The relief package will have three stages to be rolled out over the next six months. The information below contains the first two stages. Stage Three, or the recovery phase of the package, will be tailored in coming weeks, once the social and economic impacts of COVID-19 on the Camden community becomes clearer. It will include a mix of major projects, events and activations and grants and financial support mechanisms for business and community groups.
In relation to service impacts, we continue to review these daily, with the following Council services currently impacted:
- Temporary closure of the off-leash dog area at Camden Bicentennial Equestrian Park from 23 April 2020, with dogs on leashes at all times allowed;
- Temporary closure of all public playgrounds, outside gyms, youth play spaces, dog parks and skateparks throughout the Camden area from Monday 30 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of the Council Customer Service Centre, and cancellation of all meetings with the Duty Planner effective from Wednesday 25 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of public barbecues across the Camden area effective from Wednesday 25 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Camden, Oran Park & Narellan Libraries effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of community centres and halls effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Alan Baker Art Gallery effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Civic Centre effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Mount Annan Leisure Centre effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Temporary closure of Camden War Memorial Pool effective from Monday 23 March 2020;
- Bringing forward the seasonal closure of Curry Reserve Water Play Space from Tuesday 24 March 2020;
- Suspension of JP services at Oran Park Administration Building from Tuesday 24 March 2020;
- Changes made to the operation of our animal holding facility which is now operating by appointment only; and
- Temporary closure of the Visitor Information Centre effective from Monday 23 March 2020.
As a precautionary measure for the safety of our residents, visitors and staff, Council has postponed:
- Seniors Festival events (from now until Wednesday 25 March);
- Camden Cultures (Saturday 21 March);
- Youth Week (Wednesday 1 to Thursday 9 April);
- Spring Farm Community Centre Opening (Saturday 4 April);
- Bounce Town and Oran Park Water Play Space Opening (Wednesday 15 April); and
- Paws in the Park (Sunday 3 May).
Council Meeting Cancellation
Based on current advice, Council meetings have been cancelled. This is in accordance with Council’s Code of Meeting Practice. Agenda items for the meeting will be postponed to a future meeting.
All other essential services are not impacted at this time.
Extension of construction work days
Under the new NSW Government Environmental Planning and Assessment (COVID-19 Development - Construction Work Days) Order 2020, construction site work can be carried out on Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday. More information is available here.
Getting in touch
Despite the changes in Council’s service delivery, there are a number of things which remain the same.
Residents can still:
- Contact Council’s Customer Service staff from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm, by calling 4654 7777 or emailing email@example.com;
- Make payments online or over the phone;
- Fill out and lodge a number of forms and applications online:
- Lodge a DA online;
- Have their waste collected weekly, as per usual;
- Book in building and driveway inspections;
- Contact Council’s Duty Planner for advice, by calling 4654 7777;
- Access a range of library eResources;
- Use the OurCamden app, which has a number of functions including lodging a Customer Service request and reporting a hazard;
- Update their pet’s details online; and
- Visit Camden General Cemetery.
For the latest announcements from Council regarding COVID-19, go to www.camden.nsw.gov.au/alerts/