Published on 17 May 2022, by
In accordance with the NSW Government regulations density limits, masks and vaccination records are no longer mandatory for those attending events at Camden Civic Centre.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 2 March 2022
For the latest Council update regarding the status of services visit Alerts » Camden Council (nsw.gov.au)
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 18 October 2021
For the latest information visit https://bit.ly/3yFI0j6
Camden Civic Centre is open and we have implemented a number of measures to keep you safe.
Before you enter, please be aware:
- All visitors must Check-in through Service NSW app and venue QR Code;
- Visitors aged 16+ are requested to show COVID-19 digital certificate or vaccination record;
- Maximum capacities in each space will apply;
- Masks are mandatory for staff and patrons 12+;
- Social distancing is in place, one person per 4m2 capacity;
- Current Public Health Order Requirements will apply at all times
Please do not enter the building if you are unwell. We would be happy to serve you by alternative means. Please call on 4654 7845 or visit us at www.camdenciviccentre.com
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 9 July 2021
For the latest information visit https://bit.ly/3yFI0j6
STAY AT HOME ORDER - Additional restrictions are in place from 5pm today (Friday 9 July).
Given the growing number of infectious cases in the community and unlinked cases of community transmission, COVID-19 restrictions will be tightened across Greater Sydney including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour.
From 5pm today (Friday, 9 July) the following additional restrictions will be in place:
- Outdoor public gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of the same household);
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members;
- Browsing in shops is prohibited, plus only one person per household, per day may leave the home for shopping;
- Funerals limited to ten people in total (this will take effect from Sunday, 11 July);
The four reasons to leave your home remain in place:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only);
- Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons);
- Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household);
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
Restrictions in regional NSW will remain unchanged.
These tightened restrictions are based on health advice from the Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant.
They are necessary due to the increasing number of unlinked cases in the community.
We understand this is a difficult time for the community and businesses. We thank them for their understanding and patience.
High testing numbers are key to finding unrecognised chains of transmission in the community, so please continue to come forward for a COVID-19 test, even if you have the mildest of symptoms.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 26 June 2021
Latest Council update regarding COVID-19
Cancellations and closures
We have introduced a number of precautionary measures from Saturday 26 June until Friday 16 July to protect members of the community, our staff and volunteers.
- Cancellation or postponement of all non-essential events, library programs and in person meetings;
- Closure of Council’s Customer Service Centre in Oran Park, the cancellation of all meetings with the Duty Planner and a suspension of all JP services;
- Closure of Camden, Oran Park and Narellan Libraries;
- Closure of Narellan and Camden Library Customer Service Hubs;
- Closure of our community facilities;
- Closure of Alan Baker Art Gallery;
- Closure of the Camden Civic Centre;
- Closure of Mount Annan Leisure Centre;
- Changes have been made to the operation of our animal holding facility, which is now operating by appointment only; and
- Closure of the Visitor Information Centre.
All operational services such as waste, roads, civil construction, parks maintenance, city presentation and kerb side pick-up services will run as normal and will not be impacted at this stage.
For the latest updates on COVID-19 from NSW Health, go to https://www.nsw.gov.au/
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 23 June 2021
With face masks now mandatory in a number of indoor venues in Greater Sydney, frontline staff and customers are now required to wear them in all indoor Council venues, including:
- Oran Park Administration Building;
- Camden, Narellan and Oran Park Libraries;
- Camden Civic Centre;
- Community Halls and Facilities;
- Alan Baker Art Gallery; and
- Camden Visitor Information Centre
Camden Civic Centre – will revert back to the four square metre rule and face masks are mandatory.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS UPDATE: 6 May 2021
Given the latest cases of community transmission and updated health advice from the Chief Health Officer, the following measures will be effective from midday today, 6 May 2021 (enforceable from 5pm) until 12.01am Monday, 10 May for the Greater Sydney region (including Wollongong, Central Coast and Blue Mountains):·
- Masks will be compulsory in all public indoor venues, such as retail, theatres, hospitals, aged care facilities and for front-of-house hospitality staff (except in a hospitality venue when eating or drinking);
- Drinking while standing up at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings with a strong recommendation that no more than 20 people should be on the dancefloor at any one time
CAMDEN CIVIC CENTRE RE-OPENS
Camden Civic Centre re-opened on 1 July 2020 as a function centre with restrictions on the maximum number of users for each of the individual spaces. A range of COVID-safe measures are in place for events including:
- Additional cleaning
- Recording contact details of patrons
- Changes to food preparation in line with COVID requirements
- No buffet option– individual portions and table service only
Large events and functions considered on a case by case basis – must comply with a risk assessment and complete a declaration regarding the COVID measures in place.
For further information on the restrictions on numbers please contact the Camden Civic Centre on 4655 8681.
For the latest Council update regarding COVID-19, go to www.camden.nsw.gov.au/alerts/